Friday, October 19, 2007

MRP Chairwoman's Edict. My Reply.

Email from MRP Chairman Morgan Kelley Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:51 PM Subject: Blog Barbara, A while ago you asked me for a list of people who had volunteered by way of the Web Site and I went laboriously through all my records and gave you that list for the purpose of contacting Republicans for the Round Table. We have had complaints that you are sending them your blog and they did not give out their email address for that purpose. I would kindly ask you to cease using the list that I gave you and destroy any copies that you might have. The other complaint is that there is no obvious way to opt out of your blog, which I understand is required by law. You did ask us to quit using your logo (although I was not aware that it had been copywritten ) which we did. I would very much appreciate your cooperation in this matter so that I can assure those people that they will not be getting your blog anymore unless they personally request it. Sincerely Morgan Kelley Chairman Marin Republican Party My Reply sent 10/18/07:
Morgan, You only sent me 5 Volunteer names in the past, none of whom are on my E-List.
In case you have forgotten, I have organized people in Marin since 1996, starting with my United Conservatives group, on through the Russ Weiner campaign, and later, so I have quite an extensive E-List of my own.
You obviously don't know that much about blogs. There is an RSS feed that people can subscribe to if they wish. They can also unsubscribe if they wish. I do not automatically subscribe anyone to the feed. Each person must do that on their own.
I send out a reminder to my E-List when Danoodle or the Danoodle blog is updated appreciably. Anyone on my E-List who doesn't wish to get that email can email me directly at howeybarb@danoodle.com to be removed. So far, I've gotten 2 requests to be removed from my e-list. If you encounter complainers, refer them to me, and I will happily remove them.
As far as the logo is concerned, my daughter made the Bridge Logo for me as a gift. As MRP Webmaster, I used it on the MRP site. Since I am no longer webmaster, there is no need for the MRP to use that particular Logo. And yes, it is copyrighted, and no, you and the MRP do not have my permission to use it. I appreciate your taking it down in a timely manner.
Barbara Howey
MRP Central Committee Member, District 1