Friday, September 7, 2007

Let the Games Begin


Indian Wells is HOT (103 today)! But it is lovely seeing so many Republicans under one roof. Some familiar faces, but mostly not. It has been a few years since I've attended a Republican Convention. Lots of info kiosks offering literature - Rudy, Mitt, John Mc. (McCain is guest speaker at Saturday's lunch), and other info tables, which I will peruse later.

There will be five Republican governors at this convention: CA Arnold Schwarzenegger; FL Charlie Crist, TX Rick Perry. MN Tim Pawlenty, UT Jon Huntsman, Jr.

Re our Marin Central Committee members, there are Morgan Kelley, Carolyn Patrick, Tom Montgomery, and moi. I'm carrying proxies for Mark Hill and Susan Miller. Luis Buehler, Bay Area Rep, is carrying a proxy for Andrew Felder and John Fox.

Just ran into Morgan in Lobby, who says that John Fox and Alice Vipiana have resigned from the Marin Central Committee. Leaves quite a few more openings on Marin's Committee.
On to the Palm Springs Aerial Tram for me and my sidekick, husband Fred, for sightseeing! Supposed to be 72 degrees at the top of the mountain...hmmm, 103 or 72? How will I spend the afternoon?