Monday, March 10, 2008

Virginia Fuller runs for Congress, CD 7


I am Virginia Fuller. I am an immigrant, and I have resided in California for 30 years. I am a divorced mother of two; both college graduates. I was trained in The Netherlands, Europe, as a registered nurse.

Having experienced the unequal and limited access to long term nursing care for poor children, in 1989 I established and operated two pediatric care facilities. One was a 24-hour, Emergency Home for abused and neglected children, located in Oakland and the other was an Intermediate Care Facility, licensed by The State Health Dept., in Richmond.

I decided to run because Mr. Miller has demonstrated over 33 long years that he is out of step with the needs of a significant portion of his constituency and that many of his neglectful policies are disastrous to our communities.

I’m a proud, Reagan style conservative and am running for Congress in the 7th District as a citizen politician.

California's 7th congressional district covers half of Contra Costa County, Solano County and a tiny portion of Napa County. Major cities in the district include Richmond, Pittsburg, Vallejo, Vacaville and portions of Concord. It is currently represented by Democrat George Miller.